Wednesday, February 29, 2012

READING LOG


Book Title: A Match Made in High School
 BY Kristin Walker


--- PART I ---

REFLECT – The story revolves on how friendship will work if this friendship needs to engage on each other’s flaw. These two friends, who named Fiona and Marcie, are the main characters of the story. They both have strong personality, and yet they differ in some other things. While reading the story, I realized that friendship should not be wasted; it should be treasured and cared. Fiona was a bit off in the eyes of others in school.  They always call her weirdo, freak, narcissist, and many more that could describe her. I know that it was not easy yet she managed to take control of herself. Fiona was a strong person but sometimes this personality caused her to have a negative connotation. She became narcissist and felt that she was a very important person and never even tried to hear other’s opinion or suggestion. But as the author turn the turning point of the story, Fiona realizes that she needs to open her mind to others so that others may open their hearts and minds to her, too.

CONNECT – When I was in high school, I had a classmate whose presence irritates me. I do not know but when he looked or even asked me something I could not help myself but to get angry with him. When I see him, I get exasperate and I do not know why. He’s just a treat for me, because he possesses negative aura and bad luck when he comes closer to me. Just like Fiona and Todd, they always clash anywhere they may be. They always see each other as a walking disaster and a master of all bad lucks. When they may get closer to one another, there will be compliant coming from the guidance counselor.

QUESTION – I wonder why Mrs. Principal Miller imposed the subject for marriage preparation in the course in High School. Marriage should not be the solution in disciplining the students engaging with that matter. Marriage is a serious matter. This should not be given as a preparation because we do not know the future, it is unexpected, and it is to the person on how they manage as a couple. Is Ms. Klein pro to marriage education? Why would she do that? Did she encounter the same situation as Mrs. Principal Miller? Well, if it is she should understand her student’s delimitation to the course.

PREDICT – I think Fiona and Johnny will end up as a couple, because at the very first place, Johnny has a great affection to Fiona. The rally of the parents against the marriage education really made a good step to band it. The parents will now realize how important to keep the family together and closer, they will be sensitive enough especially to the feelings their children.


--- PART II ---


            As I read the story entitled “A Match Made In High School”, I thought that it will end up open ending, instead the story finished with everyone’s gratefulness. I would say that the story was really great and surprising because the author really thought about issues today. She included the things that you would not expect that it exists in the most people. Well, discussing my favorite part in the story it happen when Fiona and Marcie did had a conversation which you won’t imagine. I, also, did not expect that Marcie is having an affair with Gabe, Fiona’s crush, which made Fiona, really turned into surprised and betrayal. The confrontation would not happen if only Fiona limits her affection to Gabe, but as what she did Marcie is tired of hearing those complementations for her boyfriend.  So, Fiona and Marcie did not talk to each other for almost a month. That really took so long to accept the fact and become friends again. If Marcie did not tell Fiona about Gabe and her, Fiona would still be dreaming of Gabe. If that happened, Marcie will give-off her love for Gabe just to make Fiona happy. Because that really friends are for, if you are a true friend you are willing to sacrifice a little for your friend. Either it will hurt your feelings or not, it will not matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment